DATA BREACH: RESPONSIBILITIES AND RAMIFICATIONS
Friday, February 26, 2016
9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Rutgers Law School
Center for Law and Justice | 123 Washington Street | Newark, NJ 07102
This symposium will explore the current legal landscape in New Jersey regarding the responsibilities of those collecting personal data of consumers and others susceptible to data breach. The discussion will focus on the regulatory response to data breaches, and the ramifications after a breach has occurred. Legal professionals and those with an interest in protecting personal data will obtain a first-hand account of how data breaches are regulated and what remedies are available when a breach occurs.
- Individual data privacy concerns
- New Jersey and federal regulations
- Corporate compliance
- Data breach response strategies
- Pros and cons of class action litigation
- Patrick Burke | Seyfarth Shaw LLP | Senior Counsel | Cardozo Data Law Initiative | Founding Director and Advisory Board Member
- Michael Buchanan | Patterson Belknap | Partner | Former Assistant U.S. Attorney
- Christopher Hinton | The Rosen Law Firm | Of Counsel
- Phillip Kim | The Rosen Law Firm | Partner
- Bradford Muller | Norris McLaughlin & Marcus | Associate | Internet Law Group
- Fernando Pinguelo | Scarinci Hollenbeck | Partner | Chair of Cyber Security and Data Protection | Co-Chair of Crisis and Risk Management
- Deborah Renner | BakerHostetler | Partner | Founder of Class Action Lawsuit Defense Blog
- Judy Selby | BakerHostetler | Partner | Co-leader of Information Governance Team | Founder of E-discovery and Technology Management Team
CLE Credit: NJ: 3.7 | NY: 3.5 | PA: 3.0
Registration Fee: $75
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
Continental breakfast included.
Free for non-CLE guests with Promo Code NOCLE301
NJ CLE Information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 3.7 hours of total CLE credit.
Register at rutgerscle.com